Dakar 2017: fifth stage. Capricious weather and day off.

09.01.2017

The 5th stage was the most nervous for the crew. Our problem with the power steering pump occurred 3 times, and the fact that we got to the finish in good health was due to the force majeure. The bivouac expected us in the finish was completely flooded. The organizers' decision to cancel the next stage was reasonable. After spending the night on a closed highway we moved to La Paz. A stunning place, enchanting landscape, but the weather is bad. It was raining until 10 o'clock of local time and it stopped raining, but there is a lot of mud everywhere and we will see what happens next. In all that the mechanics work hard on technology, and even the necessary spare parts have arrived. We thank the quick connection with a rucksack on the back and we believe that all of this will help us.

January 9, 2017 we await the 7th stage from La Paz to Uyuni. It should be the same for all categories, at the length of 622 km, 322 km special section.

We believe that the weather will allow us to drive through the stage in its entirety, without reducing or cancelling. Think of us.

We greet you all! Ales Loprais.

InstaForex - the best broker in asia
Universal trading tools for money management on Forex
Official InstaForex Loprais Team © Copyright 2007-2020